Job Hunt Follies |
|
|
|
Tuesday, June 24, 2003
Day Two, MorningLast night was horrible. Steph's Aunt was in town and they were staying at the Grand Lodge, which is about 40 miles out of town, so we drove straight from the U to there, and then we drove home after dinner. I didn't get to bed until 10:30, and I woke up around 3:30 with a massive sinus headache. I finally fell asleep about 4:50. The alarm went off at 5. Not a good way to start the day. In Literacy we discussed the syllabus and talked about books and authors that are good for teens to read. I hadn't read most of them, some of them I didn't like at all, but there was a lot of people mentioned. I don't know why. We looked ahead to pairing up to create a lesson plan of some sort. My head was killing me and the sniffling, sneezing, and coughing made it difficult to pay attention. We also discussed reading strategies from our school days. Apathy towards failing seemed to be pretty common. I know that's what got me through middle school. The late morning was two smaller sessions to prepare us for the tutoring we have to do. The first one was about icebreakers and getting to know the student and basic assessment skills. The second one was about state standards, which will help us determine where our students need to be. I don't expect to know until Monday who my partner or students are. With luck we'll be told on Thursday.
Comments:
Post a Comment
|