Job Hunt Follies

My journey through Graduate School to earn a Masters of Art in Education. I was on track to become a teacher, but now everything has changed, and I'm on the job hunt with a Bachelor's in Liberal Arts and a Master's in Education with no teaching certificate.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Wednesday, July 16, 2003
Day Fifteen - July 16
 
I haven't added anything this week. It's been a tough week already. Monday was my anniversary and I didn't want the day to be bad, but it was. Monday I was late (again) for school. The mini lesson in literacy was about Lynching. It was pretty powerful. I didn't get to hear the song, but the lyrics were very strong. We spent the rest of the time doing the non Midterm midterm writing exam. It was about 45 minutes long. For the life of me I don't remember what I wrote about. I barely remember tutoring. I think it went all right. In Educational Psychology we studied meta theories of human development. There are several theories about human development and they all share some same concepts:
1. Developmental milestones appear in a specific order
2. Rates of development differ between different people
3. Biology and Environment both contribute to development
4. Each person has plateaus with minimal development, and peaks of high development.

That night we celebrated our anniverasy with hot dogs and potato salad, watching the Home Run Derby. It really sucked to see Bret Boone get no home runs. Was Dave Valle sleeping up there while he was pitching? Sheesh. I had to finish tuning a three part mid term for Dimensions of Learning, and Steph and I got into a few heated discussions over some things.

I had to read a chapter from a Lisa Delpit book and I kept reading small snubs towards white people. My heritage is American and British, with a little Irish (11 generations back), so when people talk about multiculturism, I am usually the one that is compared to, and I keep hearing Delpit dismiss my heritage as valueless, arbitrary, and morally inferior to all other cultures. Nobody understand how frustrated this makes me feel. I'm all for equality, but that doesn't mean I get to be society's Piss Boy. We finished the essays and went to bed.

Comments: Post a Comment