Job Hunt Follies

My journey through Graduate School to earn a Masters of Art in Education. I was on track to become a teacher, but now everything has changed, and I'm on the job hunt with a Bachelor's in Liberal Arts and a Master's in Education with no teaching certificate.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Wednesday, April 28, 2004
Almost there...
 
I just handed the final version of my researtch paper into my advisor. All is done. There are no more assignments. I have classes tonight, but they are not going to be much of anything. Presentations and discussion, but all graded assignments are in, all bills are paid, and the graduation rehearsal is on Friday.

I did sit through a recognition ceremony Monday and presented my research paper. Well, I stood by a poster and let people ask me questions. It was a bit frustrating sitting in a recognition ceremony and not get recognized with the rest of my classmates. It was also frustrating to see all of the awards going to undergraduates. There was no special recognition of any of the people in the M.A.T. program and I suspect it has never happened. Fifth year professionals in the M.A.T. program aren't considered part of the University nor are we part of campus life. It sucks to get slapped in the face like that. I'm used to it after a year of it, but many of the students in the M.A.T. program were not prepared to be ignored like they were.

Ah well. Job hunting starts next week.

Comments: Post a Comment