Job Hunt Follies

My journey through Graduate School to earn a Masters of Art in Education. I was on track to become a teacher, but now everything has changed, and I'm on the job hunt with a Bachelor's in Liberal Arts and a Master's in Education with no teaching certificate.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Thursday, September 23, 2004
AAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHH!
 
Last week I got a call from a community college. I had sent in a resume for a para-professional tutoring position and they called me in for another position: A Learning Specialist in Technology. Drool. The job description was perfect for me. I felt it had everything I wanted to do and the folks were really nice. I went for an interview on Friday September 17 and I thought the interview went well.

I was expecting to hear from them today or tomorrow. I got a letter today saying:
Since our intervie with you our program needs have changed, and we will not be filling the Learning Specialist in Technology position as previously planned.


That's it. No chance. No job. I really thought that everything was falling into place with this job, and it's worse than not getting hired, being rejected, but having the position disappear on me? I know I suffer from a persecution complex anyway, I don't need this shit.



Comments: Post a Comment